Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Intermediate Lab Due Monday Feb 3 by 3PM

Please complete the following by 3pm Monday Feb 3rd:

Task 1: Write an email to me at hannahkovacs@csinow.com, and outline your idea for a podcast you will create in which you will review a movie, book, song, album, artist, restaurant, product, service, or place. If there is something else you would like to review, or you would like to make a podcast on another topic, that is fine. Just include in the email the specifics of what you will talk about for a 5-minute podcast. Your email should be at least 5 sentences, but the more you include the better!

Example email: "In my podcast, I will review my favorite album from the band, The Pixies. It is called Doolittle, and it has 15 songs. I will tell listeners my opinion of the best songs on the album, and for my 5 favorite songs, I will describe what the song's lyrics are about. I might want to interview other people for the podcast, playing a song for them and asking their opinion about it. Then I could report on what other people think of the album."

Task 2: Make a new post on your blog, and paste your outline from the email you sent me in this new post. Then, below the outline, decide on a Title for your podcast, and write a script for the introduction. Then publish your post.

Example post: (after you paste your outline from the email you sent) 
Title: 'Artsy Album Reviews with Hannah K!'
Introduction script: "Hello everyone, and welcome to 'Artsy Album Reviews with Hannah K!' In this podcast, I review one of my favorite albums by one of my favorite artists of all time. Have any of you listeners out there heard of the band The Pixies? Well, if not, you are missing out! They are one of the coolest bands of all time, and I'm going to tell you a little bit about their 1989 album 'Doolittle.' So listen up, and I'll start by telling you a little bit about the history of the band...."

Task 3: After finishing the introduction script, start doing some research so you can include facts about the topic of you podcast. In my case, I would research when the band formed, where they started playing, how long it took them to get famous, when their first albums came out, etc. Take notes on your research in the bottom of your blog post, and then publish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment